Do you have time and space to help a homeless pet? Then we need you! The New Nodaway Humane Society is excited to announce our new Wags-N-Whiskers Foster Program.
NNHS needs animal foster families to temporarily care for animals until they are ready for adoption. Foster families provide individualized care and socialization for the most needy shelter animals. Fostering one of our rescues gives you a chance to save a life or lives. It also helps us keep space available at the shelter!
Foster care is needed for the the following animals:
- Infant puppies or kittens that require bottle-feeding every 2 to 4 hours
- Pregnant dogs and cats
- Nursing mothers and their litters
- Self-sufficient puppies or kittens who are too young to be spayed or neutered
- Animals recovering from treatable illnesses
- Underweight animals
- Animals in need of minor behavior modification and/or socialization
How do I become a Foster?
- Complete the Foster Care Application (Word Document) (Fillable PDF)
- Sign the Foster Care Agreement (Word Document) (Fillable PDF)
- Once you application has been reviewed. You will be contacted to attend an orientation.
- Complete a home visit.
- Our staff will contact you once a pet needs a place in Foster.
For more information
If you can’t foster, but would like to help, you can do so by donating the following: